Is there a way to sync all devices on a wifi network?Share (masquerade) Internet connection from Debian desktop to a bunch of computersUnable to reconnect to a WiFi network on Fedora 20?ssh ubuntu to android : No route to hostFake linux as android deviceSetting up a 802.11s mesh network for mobile devices to communicate with a wired serverHow to kill processes using a network interfaceEasy to use command line wifi / networking toolWhat are the troubleshooting steps to debug wireless networking issues?Is there any way to scan a lan network with dhcp enabled to see the IP of the connected devices from a GNU/Linux machine?Ethernet PC cannot interact with WiFi devices
How to redirect stdout to a file, and stdout+stderr to another one?
A case where Bishop for knight isn't a good trade
Why are solar panels kept tilted?
How to not get blinded by an attack at dawn
Re-testing of regression test bug fixes or re-run regression tests?
Why doesn't Iron Man's action affect this person in Endgame?
Polynomial division: Is this trick obvious?
Set a Field Equivalent in Microsoft Flow
Are there any sonatas with only two sections?
How might a landlocked lake become a complete ecosystem?
Do Grothendieck universes matter for an algebraic geometer?
Source of the Wildfire?
Why does the headset man not get on the tractor?
What was the ring Varys took off?
Smooth function that vanishes only on unit cube
Acronyms in HDD specification
Is Valonqar prophecy unfulfilled?
Can you pick an advanced rogue talent with the extra rogue talent feat?
Is 95% of what you read in the financial press “either wrong or irrelevant?”
Mark command as obsolete
Should generated documentation be stored in a Git repository?
Is it wrong to omit object pronouns in these sentences?
How to describe a building set which is like LEGO without using the "LEGO" word?
Why weren't the bells paid heed to in S8E5?
Is there a way to sync all devices on a wifi network?
Share (masquerade) Internet connection from Debian desktop to a bunch of computersUnable to reconnect to a WiFi network on Fedora 20?ssh ubuntu to android : No route to hostFake linux as android deviceSetting up a 802.11s mesh network for mobile devices to communicate with a wired serverHow to kill processes using a network interfaceEasy to use command line wifi / networking toolWhat are the troubleshooting steps to debug wireless networking issues?Is there any way to scan a lan network with dhcp enabled to see the IP of the connected devices from a GNU/Linux machine?Ethernet PC cannot interact with WiFi devices
.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;
I have a desktop running Linux Mint, a laptop running PureOS, and an Android phone all connected to the same wifi network. I was wondering if there were some way to have like a "public" folder that any of the devices can dump files into or download from. That way whenever I'm on any device, if I download files that I know I'll eventually want access to on other devices I can always download them into this public folder and all other devices receive it, immediately or the next time they connect to the network.
If there isn't a software solution, is there some sort of hardware that can do this?
networking
add a comment |
I have a desktop running Linux Mint, a laptop running PureOS, and an Android phone all connected to the same wifi network. I was wondering if there were some way to have like a "public" folder that any of the devices can dump files into or download from. That way whenever I'm on any device, if I download files that I know I'll eventually want access to on other devices I can always download them into this public folder and all other devices receive it, immediately or the next time they connect to the network.
If there isn't a software solution, is there some sort of hardware that can do this?
networking
What total size of data are you thinking of? Dropbox or equivalent would seem to be the obvious solution here for a relatively small amount.
– Philip Kendall
May 3 at 5:49
add a comment |
I have a desktop running Linux Mint, a laptop running PureOS, and an Android phone all connected to the same wifi network. I was wondering if there were some way to have like a "public" folder that any of the devices can dump files into or download from. That way whenever I'm on any device, if I download files that I know I'll eventually want access to on other devices I can always download them into this public folder and all other devices receive it, immediately or the next time they connect to the network.
If there isn't a software solution, is there some sort of hardware that can do this?
networking
I have a desktop running Linux Mint, a laptop running PureOS, and an Android phone all connected to the same wifi network. I was wondering if there were some way to have like a "public" folder that any of the devices can dump files into or download from. That way whenever I'm on any device, if I download files that I know I'll eventually want access to on other devices I can always download them into this public folder and all other devices receive it, immediately or the next time they connect to the network.
If there isn't a software solution, is there some sort of hardware that can do this?
networking
networking
asked May 3 at 5:06
AddemAddem
13018
13018
What total size of data are you thinking of? Dropbox or equivalent would seem to be the obvious solution here for a relatively small amount.
– Philip Kendall
May 3 at 5:49
add a comment |
What total size of data are you thinking of? Dropbox or equivalent would seem to be the obvious solution here for a relatively small amount.
– Philip Kendall
May 3 at 5:49
What total size of data are you thinking of? Dropbox or equivalent would seem to be the obvious solution here for a relatively small amount.
– Philip Kendall
May 3 at 5:49
What total size of data are you thinking of? Dropbox or equivalent would seem to be the obvious solution here for a relatively small amount.
– Philip Kendall
May 3 at 5:49
add a comment |
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
Syncthing is designed exactly for this: it can sync folders across multiple devices, with intermittent connectivity. Folders don’t have to be shared across all devices, or even bi-directionally (e.g. to back your phone up). It can be configured to only sync within a given network, or over the Internet. It’s supported on a wide range of devices.
add a comment |
Your Answer
StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "106"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);
else
createEditor();
);
function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);
);
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f516890%2fis-there-a-way-to-sync-all-devices-on-a-wifi-network%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
Syncthing is designed exactly for this: it can sync folders across multiple devices, with intermittent connectivity. Folders don’t have to be shared across all devices, or even bi-directionally (e.g. to back your phone up). It can be configured to only sync within a given network, or over the Internet. It’s supported on a wide range of devices.
add a comment |
Syncthing is designed exactly for this: it can sync folders across multiple devices, with intermittent connectivity. Folders don’t have to be shared across all devices, or even bi-directionally (e.g. to back your phone up). It can be configured to only sync within a given network, or over the Internet. It’s supported on a wide range of devices.
add a comment |
Syncthing is designed exactly for this: it can sync folders across multiple devices, with intermittent connectivity. Folders don’t have to be shared across all devices, or even bi-directionally (e.g. to back your phone up). It can be configured to only sync within a given network, or over the Internet. It’s supported on a wide range of devices.
Syncthing is designed exactly for this: it can sync folders across multiple devices, with intermittent connectivity. Folders don’t have to be shared across all devices, or even bi-directionally (e.g. to back your phone up). It can be configured to only sync within a given network, or over the Internet. It’s supported on a wide range of devices.
answered May 3 at 5:52
Stephen KittStephen Kitt
185k26427508
185k26427508
add a comment |
add a comment |
Thanks for contributing an answer to Unix & Linux Stack Exchange!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2funix.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f516890%2fis-there-a-way-to-sync-all-devices-on-a-wifi-network%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
What total size of data are you thinking of? Dropbox or equivalent would seem to be the obvious solution here for a relatively small amount.
– Philip Kendall
May 3 at 5:49