Specify cache validator and Leverage Browser caching with ApacheSet default Apache caching behavior, overide with .htaccess.htaccess force browser side cacheAuthenticate users with LDAP and Apache 2.4Apache httpd doesn't respond to remote browserApache caching old configuration?How to specify FastCGI parameters with Apache mod_proxy_fcgi?mod_expires browser cachingApache caching only works sometimes404 Error for Permalinks with Apache Alias and WordpressApache is caching virtualhost, how to disable caching?
How to officially communicate to a non-responsive colleague?
How did they achieve the Gunslinger's shining eye effect in Westworld?
Why don’t airliners have temporary liveries?
Show mappings for all function keys
What risks are there when you clear your cookies instead of logging off?
Last survivors from different time periods living together
Why doesn't Adrian Toomes give up Spider-Man's identity?
Different pedals/effects for low strings/notes than high
At what point in time did Dumbledore ask Snape to kill him?
Was Jesus good at singing?
How does a transformer increase voltage while decreasing the current?
Do simulator games use a realistic trajectory to get into orbit?
Was the Tamarian language in "Darmok" inspired by Jack Vance's "The Asutra"?
Is an early checkout possible at a hotel before its reception opens?
Preventing Employees from either switching to Competitors or Opening Their Own Business
C++ compiler optimization of unused string
My coworkers think I had a long honeymoon. Actually I was diagnosed with cancer. How do I talk about it?
Example of non-trivial functors
Avoiding cliches when writing gods
How does an ordinary object become radioactive?
Argon vs nitrogen for preserving wine
How did students remember what to practise between lessons without any sheet music?
Smooth switching between 12 V batteries, with a toggle switch
Movie about a boy who was born old and grew young
Specify cache validator and Leverage Browser caching with Apache
Set default Apache caching behavior, overide with .htaccess.htaccess force browser side cacheAuthenticate users with LDAP and Apache 2.4Apache httpd doesn't respond to remote browserApache caching old configuration?How to specify FastCGI parameters with Apache mod_proxy_fcgi?mod_expires browser cachingApache caching only works sometimes404 Error for Permalinks with Apache Alias and WordpressApache is caching virtualhost, how to disable caching?
.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;
I'm trying to improve my websites speed and using GTMetrix for some analysis.
I'm getting 2 recommendations I cannot sort.
Leverage browser caching for the following cacheable resources:
https://cellfina.co.uk/favicon.ico (expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1102/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1103/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1104/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1108/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1109/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1110/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1111/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1291/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1432/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/881/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-PS6VCD5 (15 minutes)
https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/2069824809931530?v=2.8.47&r=stable
(20 minutes)
https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js (2 hours)
and
The following resources are missing a cache validator. Resources that
do not specify a cache validator cannot be refreshed efficiently.
Specify a Last-Modified or ETag header to enable cache validation for
the following resources:https://cellfina.co.uk/favicon.ico
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1102/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1103/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1104/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1108/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1109/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1110/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1111/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1291/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1432/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/881/refill
https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/2069824809931530?v=2.8.47&r=stable
Within the .htaccess file I have
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/html "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
which I would expect to deal with both the js and favicon files.
Why isn't it and how to I deal with the API calls?
apache-2.4 .htaccess
add a comment |
I'm trying to improve my websites speed and using GTMetrix for some analysis.
I'm getting 2 recommendations I cannot sort.
Leverage browser caching for the following cacheable resources:
https://cellfina.co.uk/favicon.ico (expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1102/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1103/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1104/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1108/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1109/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1110/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1111/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1291/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1432/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/881/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-PS6VCD5 (15 minutes)
https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/2069824809931530?v=2.8.47&r=stable
(20 minutes)
https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js (2 hours)
and
The following resources are missing a cache validator. Resources that
do not specify a cache validator cannot be refreshed efficiently.
Specify a Last-Modified or ETag header to enable cache validation for
the following resources:https://cellfina.co.uk/favicon.ico
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1102/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1103/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1104/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1108/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1109/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1110/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1111/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1291/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1432/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/881/refill
https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/2069824809931530?v=2.8.47&r=stable
Within the .htaccess file I have
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/html "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
which I would expect to deal with both the js and favicon files.
Why isn't it and how to I deal with the API calls?
apache-2.4 .htaccess
What are the response headers for these resources? "which I would expect to deal with both" - mod_expires sets theExpiresandCache-Controlheaders, it doesn't do anything withLast-ModifiedorETagheaders (which are a different caching mechanism). But that notice looks advisory, not necessarily mandatory? Do you even want those (JSON?) responses / API calls cached?
– DocRoot
May 21 at 9:46
@DocRoot I would like the json calls cached because they return exactly the same info each time. I don't know why the developer wrote it like that, but it is what I have. Also, how should I set theLast-ModifiedandETagfor these items?
– HenryM
May 21 at 11:10
add a comment |
I'm trying to improve my websites speed and using GTMetrix for some analysis.
I'm getting 2 recommendations I cannot sort.
Leverage browser caching for the following cacheable resources:
https://cellfina.co.uk/favicon.ico (expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1102/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1103/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1104/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1108/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1109/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1110/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1111/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1291/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1432/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/881/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-PS6VCD5 (15 minutes)
https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/2069824809931530?v=2.8.47&r=stable
(20 minutes)
https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js (2 hours)
and
The following resources are missing a cache validator. Resources that
do not specify a cache validator cannot be refreshed efficiently.
Specify a Last-Modified or ETag header to enable cache validation for
the following resources:https://cellfina.co.uk/favicon.ico
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1102/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1103/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1104/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1108/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1109/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1110/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1111/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1291/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1432/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/881/refill
https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/2069824809931530?v=2.8.47&r=stable
Within the .htaccess file I have
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/html "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
which I would expect to deal with both the js and favicon files.
Why isn't it and how to I deal with the API calls?
apache-2.4 .htaccess
I'm trying to improve my websites speed and using GTMetrix for some analysis.
I'm getting 2 recommendations I cannot sort.
Leverage browser caching for the following cacheable resources:
https://cellfina.co.uk/favicon.ico (expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1102/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1103/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1104/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1108/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1109/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1110/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1111/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1291/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1432/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/881/refill
(expiration not specified)
https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-PS6VCD5 (15 minutes)
https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/2069824809931530?v=2.8.47&r=stable
(20 minutes)
https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js (2 hours)
and
The following resources are missing a cache validator. Resources that
do not specify a cache validator cannot be refreshed efficiently.
Specify a Last-Modified or ETag header to enable cache validation for
the following resources:https://cellfina.co.uk/favicon.ico
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1102/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1103/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1104/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1108/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1109/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1110/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1111/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1291/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/1432/refill
https://cellfina.co.uk/wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/881/refill
https://connect.facebook.net/signals/config/2069824809931530?v=2.8.47&r=stable
Within the .htaccess file I have
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/html "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
which I would expect to deal with both the js and favicon files.
Why isn't it and how to I deal with the API calls?
apache-2.4 .htaccess
apache-2.4 .htaccess
asked May 21 at 8:56
HenryMHenryM
1011
1011
What are the response headers for these resources? "which I would expect to deal with both" - mod_expires sets theExpiresandCache-Controlheaders, it doesn't do anything withLast-ModifiedorETagheaders (which are a different caching mechanism). But that notice looks advisory, not necessarily mandatory? Do you even want those (JSON?) responses / API calls cached?
– DocRoot
May 21 at 9:46
@DocRoot I would like the json calls cached because they return exactly the same info each time. I don't know why the developer wrote it like that, but it is what I have. Also, how should I set theLast-ModifiedandETagfor these items?
– HenryM
May 21 at 11:10
add a comment |
What are the response headers for these resources? "which I would expect to deal with both" - mod_expires sets theExpiresandCache-Controlheaders, it doesn't do anything withLast-ModifiedorETagheaders (which are a different caching mechanism). But that notice looks advisory, not necessarily mandatory? Do you even want those (JSON?) responses / API calls cached?
– DocRoot
May 21 at 9:46
@DocRoot I would like the json calls cached because they return exactly the same info each time. I don't know why the developer wrote it like that, but it is what I have. Also, how should I set theLast-ModifiedandETagfor these items?
– HenryM
May 21 at 11:10
What are the response headers for these resources? "which I would expect to deal with both" - mod_expires sets the
Expires and Cache-Control headers, it doesn't do anything with Last-Modified or ETag headers (which are a different caching mechanism). But that notice looks advisory, not necessarily mandatory? Do you even want those (JSON?) responses / API calls cached?– DocRoot
May 21 at 9:46
What are the response headers for these resources? "which I would expect to deal with both" - mod_expires sets the
Expires and Cache-Control headers, it doesn't do anything with Last-Modified or ETag headers (which are a different caching mechanism). But that notice looks advisory, not necessarily mandatory? Do you even want those (JSON?) responses / API calls cached?– DocRoot
May 21 at 9:46
@DocRoot I would like the json calls cached because they return exactly the same info each time. I don't know why the developer wrote it like that, but it is what I have. Also, how should I set the
Last-Modified and ETag for these items?– HenryM
May 21 at 11:10
@DocRoot I would like the json calls cached because they return exactly the same info each time. I don't know why the developer wrote it like that, but it is what I have. Also, how should I set the
Last-Modified and ETag for these items?– HenryM
May 21 at 11:10
add a comment |
0
active
oldest
votes
Your Answer
StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "2"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);
else
createEditor();
);
function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);
);
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fserverfault.com%2fquestions%2f968192%2fspecify-cache-validator-and-leverage-browser-caching-with-apache%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
0
active
oldest
votes
0
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
Thanks for contributing an answer to Server Fault!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fserverfault.com%2fquestions%2f968192%2fspecify-cache-validator-and-leverage-browser-caching-with-apache%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
What are the response headers for these resources? "which I would expect to deal with both" - mod_expires sets the
ExpiresandCache-Controlheaders, it doesn't do anything withLast-ModifiedorETagheaders (which are a different caching mechanism). But that notice looks advisory, not necessarily mandatory? Do you even want those (JSON?) responses / API calls cached?– DocRoot
May 21 at 9:46
@DocRoot I would like the json calls cached because they return exactly the same info each time. I don't know why the developer wrote it like that, but it is what I have. Also, how should I set the
Last-ModifiedandETagfor these items?– HenryM
May 21 at 11:10